Friday 11 February 2011

Joel Sklar - Web Design Theory

The web design theory constructed by Joel Sklar allows web design users to create a web page which is aesthetically pleasing to the viewers eye. Due to having created a web page in year 12, with the genre of a children's charity, I am aware of this theory which therefore means that I am able to adapt the theory and take on board the relevant areas so that when constructing and building my web page I am able to place specific texts and images in areas of which the viewer will be able to understand.

The image above shows what Joel Sklar decided. He stated that when a user enters a web page their eyes will follow a specific routine. They will firstly look at the middle of the page, therefore images and text heavy objects should be placed here. Secondly, they will look across the top for a navigation bar and/or title of the web page. The last 2 steps of the cycle are the side areas of the page where there should be additional links and moving images.

After researching this theory and learning to understand the basic principles, I have decided that I am going to follow this construction method when creating my web page. However I am not going to include additional links or moving images at the side of the web page and i am instead going to place some links and text at the bottom of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment