Friday 11 February 2011

Filming Diary

Before my group and I went out to film the footage for our trailer we conducted some practice runs with the camera where all members of the group learned how to use the camera properly to ensure that the footage filmed was effective and fully useful. Members of the group learned how to zoom in and out and hold the camera steady. Below is a short clip of the practice footage that we shot.

CLIP OF PRACTICE FOOTAGE.

When my group and I was producing the footage to use in our teaser trailer I kept a paper diary of the locations we visited and the shots that we took as I found it a good way of being able to look back over what we have accomplished. I have typed this diary up below:

Filming Day 1:
On the first day of filming we chose to shoot footage in the Barbican Centre (refer to location spotting images) as it was going to be one of the main sources of filming for the trailer. Whilst here we shot the clips of me and Beckie feeling as if we were being followed. Also, we shot the bathroom scene where I come face to face with Josh and become increasingly worried.

Filming Day 2:
On day 2 of filming my group and I went to Beckie's house (member of group) to film some footage of the two main characters in a front room of her house due to the lighting being natural and yellow, allowing a warm atomosphere to be created. On this day we also took shots of Josh on the floor after being killed by me.

Filming Day 3:
On day 2 visited Holly Lodge (an estate local to school) where we filmed shots of myself walking up a hill being followed by Josh. We chose to shoot it here last minute, however it worked to our advantage due to the roads being scarily quiet and the houses being very large and expensive. Therefore it seemed as if I was positioned in a location that was unfamiliar and which was not stereotypical for my character to be placed in.

Filming Day 4:
We visited a local park where we could film some shots of josh close up and far away to include within the trailer. We also visisted a local graveyard so that we could get a shot of a gravestone.

Filming Day 5:
On the last day of filming we went back to Beckie's house so that we could re-shoot some shots of josh being killed because they were too shaky before hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment