Friday 18 March 2011

How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

A wide range of new media technologies were included in the development, construction and  production of my teaser trailer package. These media technologies have allowed my teaser trailer package to be proffessional and of a high standard.

The sources that I have used within the development of my project include YouTube, IMBD and Flickr. These sources have allowed me to gain the relevant influence and inspirations needed to construct the trailer, web page and poster. I feel that without these sources of inspiration it would have been difficult to decide on specific aspects to include in our storyline and also the types of shots that we could implement within the teaser trailer. Also, I have been able to research established horror and thriller movies to gain inspiration for my web page and poster as I will need to ensure that they are able to graspt the audiences attention fully, and ofcourse in the right way.

The main source that I used for the construction of my teaser trailer package was Imovie as it allowed me to edit footage by changing saturation as well as shorten and legngthen shots. It also allowed us to add text, sound and include still shots to create a teaser trailer with the element of tension and suspense. Without this source, I wouldnt have been able to create a teaser trailer that was effective in attracting an audience and portraying and conveying the horror/thriller genre. Macromedia MX and Photoshop allowed my group and I to create a web page and poster. The main features of Macromedia that my group found useful was the ability to change the size, type and colour of font as well as being able to upload images onto the webpage that had been previously constructed on Photoshop. Photoshop has allowed my group and I to take screen grabs from our finished trailer on Imovie and develop them into a whole image conveying a breif outline of the film. The screen grab below is a still that we used within the trailer in order to lengthen the shot and create the suspense of our main character being watched by Josh whilst not being aware.

As you can see this shot is highly effective due to the mise-en-scene and angle of the shot. You can see that the girl is suffering from a negative emotion and looks stressed. Little does she know, she is being watched by a dark figure through the glass door. This therefore creates tension as the audience will feel empathetic for the character because they are able to see what she cant. This therefore relates to the 'Bomb Theory' as it meets 4 out of the 5 components. The four components that it meets is empathy with character, knowing more than the character, placing ideas in mind and also creating a sense of false plateau. 


No comments:

Post a Comment